To see the Roof of the World, you don’t have to take a long and difficult trek, because Basantapur-Tumlingtar(Eastern Nepal) is a slow-motion hike, connecting the trekking routes to the base camps of Makalu and Kangchenjunga.This trekking is considered as the Cultural trek in Nepal and the easiest Trek. Basantapur is famous for its natural beauty, diverse culture, beautiful landscape and cool climate. Tinjure, Milke and Jaljale areas are home to one of largest rhododendron forests in Nepa. During this trek, Milke Danda is steep, but the reward is an incredible panorama from the pass with a view including the Kangchenjunga (8593 m), Jannu (7710 m), Makalu (8481 m), Lhotse (8511 m) and Mount Everest (8846 m).The Milke Danda ridge eventually ends in some high peaks, so we have to retrace our route back down Chainpur and ending the trek at Tumlingtar or Basantapur.
From Kathmandu we fly to Biratnagar, a major city in the Terai, where we go by bus to Basantapur (1700 m), the base for expeditions to Kangchenjunga. From this village we walk through many nice villages right of Northwest Himalaya. In Gupha Pokhri we turn right and we camp just below the highest point of the Milk Danda at around 2900 meters altitude. We camp for two days in this deserted kharka (mountain) camp. From the Milk Danda we descend into the valley of the Piluwa Khola and pass villages like Nundhaki and Chainpur (known for the copper work). After a wonderful place to camp, on a tributary of the Arun, we end the trip with the return flight from Tumlingtar to Kathmandu. Thus this trek is most suitable and popular for all trekkers in Nepal.
Difficulty : Easy
Duration: 15 Days
Best Seasons : March to May and August to November but trekking can be done in year round.
Highest Altitude : 2900 m
Basantapur Tumlingtar Trek Details
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu and check in to Hotel.
Day 02 : Preparation and visit around Kathmandu city.
Day 03 : Fly to Biratnagar and drive to Basantapur (2200m) via Dharan and Hile.
Day 04 : Trek from Basantapur to Chauki (2700m).
Day 05 : Trek from Chauki to Ghupha Pokhari (2930m).
Day 06 : Trek from Gupha Pokhari to Milke Dada.
Day 07 :Exploration around Milke Danda (3124 m).
Day 08 :Trek from Milke Danda to Bhalukhop.
Day 09 : Trek from Bhalukhop to Jaljala.
Day 10 : Trek from Jaljala to Chainpur.
Day 11 : Trek from Chainpur to Phapung.
Day 12 :Trek from Phapung to Tumlingtar.
Day 13 :Flight from Tumlingtar to Kathmandu.
Day 14 : Free day in Kathmandu.
Day 15: Final departure.
Trip Cost Includes
- Airports pick up and drop by private vehicle.
- Hotel in Kathmandu for 4 Nights twin sharing with breakfast.
- Domestic flights and airport taxes.
- All meals and accommodation during the trekking period.
- guide, cook, and necessary porters
- All governmental procedure permits fees and local taxes.
- Travel and rescue arrangements.
Trip Cost Excludes
- Visa fees/ international airfare to and from Kathmandu.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Travel / medical insurance and emergency evacuation cost.
- Personal expenses phone calls, bar bills, extra porters etc.
- Personal trekking equipments/gears.
- Tips for guides, porters and driver.
- All others expenses not mentioned on price includes section.
Contact us for information