Makalu Base Camp Trek is one of the most popular trekking destination among solitary trekers.this trek to the base camp of the world’s fifth highest mountain takes place in the Makalu Barun National Park, a place of outstanding natural beauty, which is recognised internationally for the diversity of its flora and fauna.The region was completely closed to the outside world until 1952 when Eric Shipton visited, crossing what became known as the Shipton La (4,220m). This trek goes high up to 5,100m. This is a region where you hardly find any modern facilities and amenities but blessed with an incredible diversity of natural beauty.Sherpa, Rai and Limbus are main habitants in this area. Walking north up the Arun river to Sedua and Num, you get to the upper Barun Khola valley for a close look at Makalu (8,463m). You can put together even wilder trek by crossing Sherpani Col and west Col into the upper Hongu valley.
From a view point above base camp you can enjoy a superb panorama of some of the world’s highest mountains, including Everest (8,848m), Lhotse (8,516m), Makalu (8,463m), Chamlang (7,319m) and Baruntse (7,220m).Our journey begins with an hour-long flight to Tumlingtar whereas the real trek starts from Num.The 22-day Makalu Base Camp Trek is an ideal choice for avid trekkers and nature enthusiasts who seek solace and tranquility in pristine natural habitat and those who wish to avoid crowds.
Difficulty : Moderate
Duration: 20 Days
Best Seasons : Feb-May, Sep – Dec
Highest Altitude :4800 m
MAKALU BASE CAMP TREK DETAILS
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and Check in to Hotel.
Day 02: Preparation and visit around Kathmandu city.
Day 03: Fly to Tumlingtar (518m) and drive to Num (1500m).
Day 04: Trek to Seduwa (1493m).
Day 05: Trek to Tashi Gaun (2200m).
Day 06:Trek to Kahuma Danda (3,500m).
Day 07: Trek to Dobato (3400m).
Day 08: Trek to Yangle Kharka (3610m) .
Day 09: Rest day.
Day 10: Trek to Langmala Kharka (4400m).
Day 11: Trek to Makalu south east base camp (4800m).
Day 12: Explore Makalu base camp.
Day 13: Trek to Yangle Kharka (3610m).
Day 14: Trek to Dobato(3400m)
Day 15: Trek to Tashi Gaun(2200m).
Day 16: Trek to Seduwa1493m).
Day 17: Trek to Num(1500m).
Day 18: Drive to Tumlingtar and back to Kathmandu
Day 19: Free day in Kathmandu city.
Day 20: Final Departure.
Trip Cost Includes
- All costs for a guide, Sherpas, Cook staff and porters.
- All necessary paper works and Barun National Park entry permits fee.
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System).
- Trekking porter /Sherpa to carry your bags during the trekking 2:1, max 15 KG baggage/porter.
- Kathmandu-Tumlingtar-Kathmandu Flight Tickets/ ground transport for Clients and Trekking Crews.
- Three meals a day (B/L/D) during the trek.
- 4 nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu.
- All land transportation.
- Government Tax.
- Company service charge.
Trip Cost Excludes
- Bar and beverage bills, bottled water, desserts, personal expenses.
- Tea-coffee, personal cloths Personal insurance for health and evacuation.
- Tips for staff.
- Entrance fees in the temple around Kathmandu during the sightseeing.
- Your Travel insurance.
- Nepal entry visa fee.