About various peak in Nepal, Mera Peak( 6561m) is one of the adventures Trekking peak in Nepal. It is one of the most alluring trekking peaks in Nepal as it involves a culturally stimulating journey through remote picturesque villages and forests – followed by a gentle climb to the summit. This trip is ideal for those with moderate mountaineering experience, a good level of fitness and a keen sense of adventure. It is Situated on the edge of famous Khumbu Region and dominated by Mt. Everest, climbing Mera peak is an opportunity to all the adventure seekers who are physically fit. Although physically very demanding on account of the altitude, the climb on Mera Peak is not technically difficult as ascending snow slopes rarely exceed 40 degrees. This unique Adventure will assist you to see Mt. Everest (8848m.), Lhotse (8516m.), Cho-Oyu (8201m.), Makalu (8463m.), Nuptse (7855m.), Kanchenjunga (8586m.) and Chamlang (7319m.) Our Mera peak itinerary has been carefully designed to allow gradual acclimatization for the climbers.
The trip initiates in Kathmandu where we make preparations and enjoy the diversity of this ancient city before embarking on a flight into the town of Lukla in the Khumbu Valley, the entrance way to the Everest region. From high camp, we can witness a heart sweeping view of Kanchanjangha, Makalu, Chamlang to the east, to the north you will see Everest and Lhotse and Cho-Oyu and Amadablam to the west. This view is without doubt one of the most eye-catching in all of Nepal. Then, we will reach at the summit of Mera Peak another morning. After that we will return back down the valley to Lukla for our flight back to Kathmandu. Thus, It is perhaps best known Peak because it is Nepal’s highest trekking peak.
Difficulty : Moderate
Duration: 17 Days
Best Seasons : Spring and Autumn
Highest Altitude : 6561 m
Mera Peak Climbing Details
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu.
Day 02: Trip preparation
Day 03: Fly to Phaplu and trek to Taksindu 2931m 5 hours stay at Lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Kharikhola 2370m 6/7 hours stay at Lodge.
Day 05: Trek to Pangkongma 2846m 5/6 hours stay at Lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Najing Dingma 2600m 5/6 hours stay at Lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Khola Kharka 3800m 4 hours.
Day 08: Trek to Kothe 3600m 6/7 hour stay at Lodger.
Day 09: Trek to Thangnak 4356m 3/4 hour and overnight camp/ Lodge.
Day 10: Rest and acclimatization day overnight at Lodge.
Day 11: Trek to Khare 4659m 2/3 hours and overnight Camp/ Lodge.
Day 12: Rest day for acclimatization and preparation climbing overnight at Camp/ Lodge.
Day 13: Climb to high camp 5780m 3/4 hours and overnight stay in Tent.
Day 14: Climb to Mera center 6500m.summit and back to Khare 8/10 hours and overnight same Lodge.
Day 15: Reserved day in case of bad weather.
Day 16: Trek Down to Kothe 4180m 5/6 hours overnight at Lodge.
Day 17: Trek Down to Zetra La 4610m overnight at Lodge.
Day 18: Trek Down to Lukla 2840m overnight at Lodge.
Day 19: Fly back to kathmandu.
Day 20: Rest/Shopping/SightSeeing
Day 21: Departure
Trip Cost Includes
- Nepalese Government peak royalty fees.
- All trek organisational requirements.
- All trekking permits.
- Airport transfers in Kathmandu.
- 4 nights in hotel with B/B in Kathmandu
- All group equipment for trek (tents etc.) and emergency medical supplies.
- All trek staff, including western and Sherpa guides, porter support.
- Transport of 20kg of personal equipment.
- All meals after departing Kathmandu and before arriving back in Kathmandu.
Trip cost Excludes
- Air travel to and from Nepal.
- Purchases of bottled water while on the trek, gifts, alcohol (we supply boiled water for drinking).
- Other charges at lodges/tea houses such as laundry, showers, internet access or battery re-charging.
- Entry visas for Nepal (obtain 30 day tourist visa for Nepal on arrival into Kathmandu).
- Personal clothing and equipment.
- Personal travel insurance / trip cancellation insurance / rescue insurance.
- Any rescue costs or costs of early departure from the expedition.
- Tips for guides and Sherpas.
Contact usfor more information