After comparing to many other mountains, Mt. Makalu (8463m) is the fifth highest mountain Peak on the Earth which is Situated between Everest and Kanchanjunga, on the Nepali-Tibetan border. Mt. Makalu was first climbed by a French team in 1955. It is extremely difficult to climb and make a summit the peak. The first attempt on Mt. Mt. Makalu (8463m) was first climbed by the French in 1955 led by Jean Franco. This expedition offer beautiful Himalayan views including Mount Everest 8848m, Mount Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Cho Oyu 8201m with other various peaks of different Himalayan range, beautiful landscape, lush and green valley etc.
There are several routes accessible but the safest and less challenging route is through the beautiful Barun valley to Makalu Base Camp at an altitude of 4,825m. After at Mt.Makalu Base Camp, we ascend via the Northwest Ridge establishing 4 high camps on the mountain. Our strong team /climbing guide will fix ropes as required for mountaineering the Mount Maklau. Thus, Makalu expedition in Nepal is very adventurous route to climb because it is on west face. As, this expedition is a little bit dangerous as well.Therefore, if you are going to attempt the Makalu, you need to have a lot of mountaineering experience,physical fitness, including high altitudes, and one attempt about 8000m before.
Difficulty : Moderate-Hard
Duration: 53 Days
Best Seasons : Spring is the best season
Highest Altitude : 8463m
Mt.Makalu Expedition Details
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and Check in to hotel.
Day 02: Preparation and Visit around in Kathmandu city.
Day 03: Expedition briefing tourism Department.
Day 04: Fly to Tumlingtar and drive to Num .
Day 05: Trek to Seduwa.
Day 06: Trek toTashi Gaun.
Day 07:Trek to Khongma.
Day 08: Trek to Dobato.
Day 09: Trek to Yangle Kharka.
Day 10: Trek to Makalu Base camp.
Day 11-42: Climbing peroid for Mt. Makalu (8463m).
Day 43: From Makalu Base camp to Yangle Kharka.
Day 44: Trek to Dobato.
Day 45: Trek to Khongma.
Day 46: Trek to Tashi Gaun.
Day 47: Trek to Num.
Day 48: Drive from Num to tumlingtar.
Day 49: Fly to Kathmandu.
Day 50: Free day in kathmandu.
Day 53: Final departure.
Trip Cost Includes
- Airport pick up and drops
- 6 Nights in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast plan
- Climbing permit for Mount Makalu 8463meter normal route
- KTM- Tumlingtagar – Kathmandu fare
- Trekking: Num, Makalu B.C,with full board camping trek
- Makalu base camp guide, Cook, cook helper , kitchen boy
- Dining tent, shower tent, toilet tent, table and chair in B.C.
- Porter, Num-Tashi goan -Makalu base camp & Num village
- Life-medical- rescue insurance – Nepali staff, liaison officer
- Expedition allowance liaison office, expedition Nepali staff
- Solar panel for charging batteries, lights Makalu base camp
- Caring bonus for climbing guide and sherpa (base camp to till camp 3)
Trip Cost Excludes
- Personal equipment climbing
- Emergency rescue evacuation
- Climbing food, gas above BC
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Tips for expedition staff and guide
- Personal expenses expedition
- Summit bonus for climbing guide
- Radio Permit, walki talkie permit
we help you to achieve your dream and make sucesfull your expedition as Makalu is the village where we was born.
Contact us for information